When I was 8, I envied my sister for playing the organ. Then, I approached my mum & asked to be in piano lesson. Then, I started immediately at the age of 8. I never thought I'll ended up thinking at it as a drag. I've always felt reluctant to come for lessons & that my heart was gone when I do. I was shadowed by my sister who could play really really well. Then last year, it hit rock bottom for me. I failed both my piano tests & it cost my mum a fortune. Well, not literally but it was a big amount. I saw that look in their face ; my piano teacher, my parents & friends. This year, I thought of quitting. I locked myself up in my room & thought abt it.
THEN IT HIT ME.
I thought :
Even Einstein failed oh so many times & still he managed to be successful. So, I put the thought of quitting at the way back of my mind & tried again this year. I really worked hard that I became fond of in coming for lessons. I would find myself getting ready half an hour before it even starts! I learnt to be in love with it & fortunately, I managed.
Here's what I got to say,
Last March I re-took the exams. I just got the results yesterday.
Surprisingly, I passed with flying colours; 83/100.
So don't tell me you can't 'cause that's just a lame excuse. Things can be what you want em to be. All you have to do is get up, work hard & make em happen.
This is true story right here.
No comments:
Post a Comment